The Hayloft was a barn built of London brick during the 1880’s, and was converted into the present accommodation during the winter of 2006/07. This barn was originally built as a 6-horse stable, and was converted into a milking parlour for 80 cows in 1969. The first summer after the Hayloft had been finished, when the swallows returned looking for their nests, they would tap at the windows trying to get in. They soon moved into our many other barns and continue to spend the summer swooping around the farm catching insects.
The Hayloft provides accommodation for up to 6 people with three bedrooms and two bathrooms, with one bedroom and bathroom downstairs and the fully fitted kitchen includes a dishwasher and a fridge/freezer. There is a washing machine available for your use in the laundry room.
- Check in 15:00 – 19:00, Checkout before 10:00.
- Minimum Stay one week
- No smoking or vaping inside the cottage
- No pets (except for assistance)
- There is a gas and a charcoal BBQ available to borrow, please ask.
- Bed linen and towels are adequate for a stay of 1 week, they will be
changed if your stay is longer than a week. If you require a change
before this, then please let us know.
- Washing machines are in the laundry room, next to the back door of
Dovehouse Farm. There is a washing line for your use, the laundry room
is also a drying room, and you can use the airing racks in there.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, Smoke alarm