This is a stone-built barn, originally constructed in 1899, built as a cartshed it had become redundant as modern equipment became bigger and in recent decades had been used to store wood. During the summer of 2012 we spent 4 months converting it to provide holiday accommodation for 4 people with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with all the accommodation on the ground floor. The living area is open plan with views south to the Chilterns, and there is a private decked area for use by our guests and plenty of parking. One bedroom contains a king-size bed, and the other has twin beds. There are power-showers in both bathrooms, one shower is full accessible with seat and bars. The kitchen contains an electric hob, full-size double oven, and a full size dishwasher, and there are washing machines with drying facilities in a separate laundry room.
- Check in 15:00 – 19:00, Checkout before 10:00.
- Minimum Stay one week
- No smoking or vaping inside the cottage
- No pets (except for assistance)
- There is a gas and a charcoal BBQ available to borrow, please ask.
- Bed linen and towels are adequate for a stay of 1 week, they will be
changed if your stay is longer than a week. If you require a change
before this, then please let us know.
- Washing machines are in the laundry room, next to the back door of Dovehouse Farm. There is a washing line for your use, the laundry room is also a drying room, and you can use the airing racks in there.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, Smoke alarm